Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, May 9, 2014

"when mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"



(mother/child sugar bowls by Gary Rith)
A favorite expression around our house!
It is Mother's Day weekend and I am on the road....seeing neither mother nor mother of my cat and dog... will they be happy about that????  Do the exquisite gifts I give make up for the lack of my company?  I am sure they will both miss me terribly ;)

I love, as you know, sculpting mother and child items.  Who knows why, as a child-free adult (who, as my parents always remind me, is also the same age they were when they became grandparents, despite acting like a perpetual 15 YO) .
 Hope you have an awesome weekend :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

now ain't that the truth man! i'm sure if you asked my daughters they'd nod their heads in agreement!

but i think you'll be given some loving understanding - after all, the show must go on :)

hope it is a great success!

bartster said...

a tee shirt contains another line beyond the "if mama ain't happy...'--If gramma ain't happy, Run!

Barbara Rogers said...

May you have many delights as well as good sales this weekend. Hope your weather is also good if you're outside, as we will be. We just would like 4 hours without rain! Then it is more than welcome.

Lori Buff said...

And such sweet mother and child pieces they are. I hope you all enjoy your weekend, even while you're apart from each other.

Hilary said...

A puppy papa and feline father is good enough for me.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.